Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hello Mr. President...

Today we got a visit from our Commander in Chief. President Bush was in town for a couple of fundraising events to benefit candidate John McCain. At the downtown event, the motorcade route was down State Street and I can see State Street from my office window. I was in a meeting when President Bush was going to the first event, but a few of us in my office were leaving for the day when he came back down State Street. The police officers were not letting us cross the street, so we were going to see the Presidential motorcade whether we wanted to or not. Fortunately for us, we wanted to see it because who knows when we would ever get that chance again.

So, as the President drove buy the corner we stood on, we waved. My friend said she saw President Bush waving back. He went by so fast that I thought I missed seeing him. But right before the side window became impossible to see in, I caught a slight glimpse of what I think was his hand waving. Okay, maybe it wasn't his hand. Either way, I saw someone waving.

And can I say, he has some very attractive Secret Service agents!!

2 comments:

Whit said...

Happy Birthday Secret Servicemen....

Robyn said...

I'm never in the right place at the right time!