A couple of nights ago at about 10:10pm, I got a phone call from a number I didn't recognize. Because it was so late, I decided it couldn't be a telemarketer and answered the phone. On the other end of the line was a voice I probably haven't heard in 14 years. It was an Elder from my mission!! He was in my first area and I think my first "P-day" was spent on the Willamette River fishing with Sister Brother, him, his companion and two other Elders. Or it may have been my second "P-day" when about 14 of us, with Sister Brother, went to Silver Creek Falls. What flashbacks I started having!!
We talked and laughed for about an hour. He's a good guy and fun to be around. He happens to be living in Utah right now, but is moving back to Oregon next month. He wanted to get a bunch of us missionaries together for a mini reunion before he leaves. I found out that he had a huge crush on my companion. Of course, that got me reminiscing about my little crushes throughout my mission. (Who, of course, will remain forever nameless!!!) It also made me regret not keeping in better contact with people.
I made so many good friends on my mission who will be my friends forever, even though I may not see or talk to them again in this life. It's a part of my life that I will never regret or forget!! Anyway, it was good to hear from him!!
1 comment:
I am glad you answered. When is the reunion?
Post a Comment