Monday, August 4, 2008

My Favorite Things

I have just spent the last four days doing one of my favorite things in the world - go to Stampin' Up's convention!!! This year it was held in Salt Lake and we stayed in a hotel downtown. I had so much fun, but we stayed busy. I am forever the event planner for our group. I definitely kept us busy, but it was a good busy. Here was our schedule:

Day 1
Breakfast at 7:00am at Mimi's Cafe
Check in at convention (get bag, swap cards, go to Memento Mall)
Lunch at Wendy's
Check in at the hotel
Dinner at the DoDo
Movie: Mamma Mia!
Dessert at the Melting Pot

Day 2
Get up extremely early & eat breakfast
Convention from 7:30am-4:30pm
Dinner at Paradise Bakery
Awards and Entertainment at convention center

Day 3
Get up extremely early again and eat breakfast
Convention from 7:30am-4:30pm
Dinner at California Pizza Kitchen
Clark Planetarium (we saw The Alps and U2 Cosmic Light show)
Go to the hotel for an hour or two
Go to Wal-Mart at 11:45pm to stand in line for "Breaking Dawn"
Bedtime story ("Breaking Dawn") until 2:00am

Day 4
Get up slightly later and eat breakfast
Convention from 8:30am-5:00pm
Go to my house to get tickets and to pick up a friend
Dinner at Spaghetti Factory (not on the initial itinerary)
See "High School Musical" at the Capital Theater (also not on initial itinerary)
Go home, convention is over
Stay up and read more "Breaking Dawn"
Go to bed later than I should!!!

I keep saying that I would remain a Stampin' Up demonstrator just to go to convention!! The statement is still true!! It is one of the funnest things I get to do all year. If you're interested in joining me next year at convention, just let me know!

1 comment:

Stephanie Heumann said...

Wish I could have been there! But David went bright and early on Saturday morning to purchase Breaking Dawn for me! This book is AWESOME! Steph