Monday, August 31, 2009

Work, Work, Work


This past weekend was very busy for me and it all started Wednesday evening. I had a lot of things going on with work and it all seemed to happen last week! Every year each department in my company gets to have a retreat. My department goes up to Park City. We usually have a little 'business' meeting in the morning, have some free time, have lunch and dinner with our families and then we all play games. I made the mistake of offering to bring desserts three years ago and have bringing them ever since! This year I couldn't decide what to bring so I ended up bringing three desserts - I'm crazy! So Wednesday night I started with Oreo Balls and Thursday I made Cranberry Cream Cheese Bars and Pumpkin Swirl Bars. Yum, yum, yum! All three desserts were great and everyone seemed to enjoy them. The retreat was fun and it was nice to get away for a while.


The next big event I was involved in was my company's summer party. I'm on the committee that was putting the whole thing together. I was the head of the food committee and we decided to have popcorn and cotton candy at the party. The one nice thing about being in charge is I got to choose the cotton candy flavors. I went with Watermelon, Grape and Blue Raspberry. They were all delicious. We spent all day Thursday popping popcorn and making cotton candy. We had bags and bags of each. We had a lot of fun, but I do not want to make either for a very, very, very long time! Above is the popcorn crew - Mallory, Cheryl, Linda (you can barely see her head behind mine), me and Julie.

The last busy day was Saturday, the day of the company party. I went straight to the park from Park City, got there about 10:15am. We immediately started setting up the booths for the kid activities. We had face painting, a fish pond, a cake walk game, a bounce house and an blow up obstacle coarse for the kids. I think the big hits were the bounce houses and face painting. Almost everyone on the committee had some face painting done. Here is a picture of mine. It, of course, matched my outfit and had to have sparkles.

Once the party started at 3:00pm, I ran the popcorn and cotton candy booth with Steve and Mallory. It was fun to see all the kids. Some of them we saw a lot because they were addicted to the cotton candy and kept coming back for more! After dinner the committee started taking things down during the management and associate softball game. We were out of there by 8:30pm. I went home and crashed!

2 comments:

Whit said...

This has been a busy month for you. M loves your face paint. (after she was sure it was not a tatoo).

Robyn said...

That is so like you to be the one organizing the fun stuff!! Must be because you're so darn good at it. Sounds like lots of fun.