Sunday, August 16, 2009

Lost in Austen

Tonight I was flipping through the channels and Lost in Austen was on. My friend, Lesley, a couple of months ago lent me her copy of the movie, telling me I'd really like it, which I did. So when there was nothing else on I decided to watch it. Basically the story is about a girl, Amanda, living in modern day London who swaps lives with Jane Austen's fictional character, Elizabeth Bennett, from Pride & Prejudice. Amanda knows the story, it's her favorite, and when things go terribly wrong when she's there, she tries to set things straight.

My mom and dad happened to be in the room, but I didn't think either of them was really paying attention to the movie. The next thing I know my mom looks at my dad and says with a smile, "Are you watching this?!" My dad then says, "I'm trying to understand what they are saying!"

I know sometimes I have a hard time understanding what they are saying with time period movies as well! It was just funny that my dad was actually watching, instead of sleeping!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

That is so cute that your dad was trying to understand. It took me awhile to understand too!