Sunday, August 2, 2009

Where did July go?

I'm not sure where July went this year! July is always a pretty busy month for me. I sometimes have a girls trip with my mom, I usually have Stampin' Up's convention, and I'm continually working on swaps for convention. This year wasn't much different except convention is the first week of August.

I did go on a girls trip with my mom, we got home right before the 4th of July. We spent a day and a half in Las Vegas and a couple days in St. George. We initially were going to St. George to see "Annie" and "Footloose" at Tuacahn, but when I heard that "The Lion King" was going to be in Vegas I wanted to go down a day early and see that too. So that's what we did. All three shows were great. We did a little bit of shopping while we were there as well, because what's a girls trip without shopping! It was really hot when we were there, the day we spent in Vegas it was 109! Too hot for me! St. George stayed above 100 degrees.

One fun thing we did in Vegas is went to Serendipity 3, which is the restaurant in the movie "Serendipity" with John Cusack. (The one in the movie is actually located in New York.) A friend from work told me they had one in Vegas and I wanted to go just to experience it. She also told me that I had to have the frozen hot chocolate, which I did, and it was delicious! Mom had a butterscotch sundae and she said it was the best sundae she has ever had. Miss USA was there signing autographs. My sister-in-law grew up watching Miss America with her cousins and I guess it was a pretty big deal. I immediately thought of her when I saw miss USA, so I got a signed autograph to give to her. I was just being funny and she laughed with me when I gave it too her. My 4 year old niece when she saw the picture told us that Miss USA was not dressed modestly and we laughed again.

The rest of July has been spent watching "So You Think You Can Dance" and making swaps for convention. This is the final week of "So You Think You Can Dance" and I'm not going to be able to watch it until Saturday! Hopefully I won't find out who one before I get to watch it. I have made about 100 each of three different cards for convention. After convention is done, I'll post them on my stamping blog (stampingwithsass.blogspot.com) for anyone interested in seeing them. I'm crazy with the detail I do on these cards! Maybe one day I'll figure out how to do simple cards.

No comments: