Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Civil Rights Day

Because I had Civil Rights Day off and my mom was watching the kids, we decided to have an activity day marathon. We first started out by leaving mom's at 9:00 in the morning with my brother's four kids. On the way to Thanksgiving Pointe, we picked up my other brother's two girls. We got to the Dinosaur Museum about five minutes before it opened and spent a couple of hours there. The kids had fun playing in the water and sand. All of us also stood on the big scale and weighed as much as one of the smaller dinosaurs. We ate at the cafe and headed home. As we passed Leatherby's I told mom that it would be fun to one day take the kids there for Sundaes.

After the kids played at home for an hour or two, mom packed us all up and we went to Leatherby's. The kids were in heaven!! I could not believe the size of the KID sundaes. They were delicious!!


Straight from Leatherby's mom took all the younger kids home and I took 'Z' to Tron. He'd seen it, but I hadn't and he was willing to go. By the time the movie got done, the day was nearly over. Whew...what a day!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

You're such a fun Aunt! Your niece on the left looks a lot like your mom. I'm guessing she's Rocky's?

Jennifer said...

She is actually Jake's. None of the kids in the picture are Rocky's. They don't live here unfortunately!!!