You know that feeling when you're driving down the road and see a police car pull out behind you from a church parking lot? Immediately you look at how fast you are driving, you slow down (as if the police officer won't notice), you keep checking your review mirror, your heart rate picks up. Then you see the lights go on. Now your heart rate really picks up and you keep telling yourself that the police officer wouldn't pull you over for going 2-3 miles over the speed limit would he? You signal, pull over, get blinded by the spot light and you wait. He comes up to your window and says, "The reason I pulled you over is your license plate doesn't show that you have insurance." Really?! So luckily I wasn't being pulled over for speeding and I knew I was insured! I gave him my license and my insurance information, he checked it out, told me to contact my insurance company so they can notify the DMV, and sent me on my way. Whew!
Now the thing that is kind of funny is every week in staff meeting we read from a book called "Every Monday Matters." This book has something you can do every Monday of the year that will help you make a difference in the world. Things like feed the homeless, have amber alerts sent to you, turn off the TV, prepare for emergencies, etc. Well, today's topic was stop speeding! I jokingly (but really being honest about the challenge) said that not speeding wasn't going to happen for me! Could you imagine if I had gotten a speeding ticket tonight?! I definitely wouldn't be telling anyone at work about it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment