Wednesday, March 11, 2009

One Busy Day

Today was one of the longest days I've had in a long time. Not that it was bad, it was just very busy and I never thought it was going to end!

At Work
First of all, my company has a quarterly company-wide meeting. My department, mainly human resources, is in charge of pulling the meeting together. So to start my day off I got up at 5:15am this morning to get ready and leave by 6:00. I met with a few of my co-workers and we walked over to the Conference Center. I wore the wrong shoes and ended up with a dime-size blister by the time we got there. What happens at the company meeting? We introduce new associates, give out service awards, chili awards, red hen awards. A department or two usually does a department spotlight. Our CEO usually goes over stuff about the company. Sometimes we have a video, but today we played Friendly Feud. It was fun and we definitely had a few good laughs. The meeting went from 7:30-9:00 and then we had staff meeting (Skool Lunch French Toast is so yummy!).

At School
Somewhere along the line at work, I got roped into teaching medical terminology (which I actually like doing). We now have a dental terminology course which I am now teaching for the first time. So right after staff meeting I put together a review PowerPoint and then taught Lesson 5 of dental terminology. Straight from there I went with a co-worker to Costco and Walmart to pick up tons of ice cream treats for everyone in the company for participating in the Friendly Feud game in the company meeting. After helping with the 'ice cream hour' I left for home.

At Play
I went straight to my mom's after work because I had a stamp order being delivered. Once I got there, I made some cards to swap with my friends. Just over an hour later I met my friends at Rumbi Grill for dinner and then we headed to see 'Home School Musical' at the Desert Star. What a funny show! I finally made it home about 9:30pm tonight. I am wiped out, but here I sit at 10:30 typing on my blog when really, I should be in bed!!

No comments: