Thursday, February 12, 2009

Confucius Says

Today I was sitting at my desk and looked down. I saw four tiny pieces of paper containing these sayings:

-You desire to discover new frontiers
-Children will play an important role in your life
-Your careful nature will bring you financial success
-Good things are coming to you in due course of time

Now you must be asking why I have kept these fortunes from the center of crispy moon-like cookies. Is it because I believe they are true statements about who I am, or that I hope the fortune they give me will come true. Honestly, I don’t know why I hang on to them. Although, who doesn’t want to hear about discovering new frontiers or having financial success or having good things coming their way? I’m not sure about you but I’m always game for good fortunes and advice. Plus, fortune cookies can be a good start to wonderful and funny conversations!

No comments: