Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Season, McDreamy, Sun

SPOILER coming-
My Fall TV season has begun! Last night was the two hour premier of Prison Break. I love this show! I know it's a weird one for me to watch, but who can pass up an hour of Michael Scofield (Wentworth Miller) each week...I can't! Last year Sarah Wayne Callies got pregnant in real life and her character, Dr. Sara Tancredi, was killed on the show. I had a feeling the show had to do something because she was pregnant and didn't want to write a pregnancy in to the story, I knew Sara would be back. I told a friend at work and he didn't quite believe me, but said maybe. Well I got a phone call this morning and he told me I "called" it. This season is going to be good with a bunch of twists, I'm sure!

This same friend was out of town this past weekend and said he saw someone in the Philadelphia airport. I, of course, asked who. He said he saw McDreamy. Now I bet you're asking, "Why would my friend think I would care that he saw McDreamy?" Let me give a little bit of history. Patrick Dempsey plays Dr. Derek Shepherd (aka McDreamy) on Grey's Anatomy. A couple of years ago I put together a training for open enrollment at work and happened to include pictures of Dr. McDreamy in the PowerPoint when talking about provider (doctor) networks. Most of the people at work that knew I was the person that put the training together also think that I am head-over-heals for Dr. McDreamy. The funny thing is, it wasn't my idea to put him in there. Someone else suggested it and while Patrick Dempsey has definitely aged well and I think he is attractive and I definitely watch Grey's Anatomy, it wasn't my idea. Either way everyone thinks I like him, a lot! I thought it kind of funny that my friend remembers the training and thought of my admiration of McDreamy when he saw him in the airport! Unfortunately he didn't get an autograph or a photo for me!!

And finally...Yesterday, I heard news that did not make me happy. Stephenie Meyer, who wrote the Twilight series, is not going to complete Midnight Sun. This book was suppose to be Twilight from Edward's perspective instead of Bella's. Stephenie Meyers has had the first chapter of the book posted on her website forever. After reading it, I was excited that Midnight Sun was her next project. The sad part is that someone leaked the first 264 pages of the book and posted it online and now she has decided to not finish the book. Go to http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html for Stephenie's explanation. I'm bummed, why do people (the person who illegally posted the draft) have to do stupid things and ruin it for everyone else?!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

In reference to McDreamy -- You were doing a little skit in front of the company and said that your husband was Dr. Shepherd if I remember right and that he had a snoring problem. That could be part of it as well.
You are cute! He is gorgeous too though! Too bad you did not get to be the one to see him!

Jennifer said...

Good memory about the skit...I forgot about that part!!