Thursday, March 6, 2008

My new project!

I am currently working on a new project. I am starting to collect some of my favorite movie quotes about love mostly and then I will be doing something with them. (If you know what I'm doing, don't spoil it for everyone else. They might be getting a surprise if it works the way I hope it does.) If it does work, it is something that I have wanted to do for a long time and many hopeless romantics will love it, including myself!

Let's see how well you know your movies. Here are a few of the quotes:

1) I've found almost everything ever written about love to be true. Shakespeare said "Journeys end in lovers meeting." What an extraordinary thought. Personally, I have not experienced anything remotely close to that, but I am more than willing to believe Shakespeare had. I suppose I think about love more than anyone really should. I am constantly amazed by its sheer power to alter and define our lives. It was Shakespeare who also said "love is blind". Now that is something I know to be true.

2) You look good wearing my future.

3) Do you believe in love at first sight? Nah, I betcha don't, you're probably too sensible for that. Or have you ever, like, seen somebody? And you knew that, if only that person *really* knew you, they would, well, they would of course dump the perfect model that they were with, and realize that YOU were the one that they wanted to, just, grow old with. Have you ever fallen in love with someone you haven't even talked to? Have you ever been so alone you spend the night confusing a man in a coma?

4) If I hadn't been Fox Books and you hadn't been the Shop Around the Corner... and you and I had, just you know, met... Yeah. I would have asked for your phone number and I wouldn't have been able to wait 24 hours before calling and asking, "How about coffee, drinks, dinner, a movie, for as long as we both shall live?"

5) If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever. If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.

These are just a few!! If you get all of them right, there might be a prize!

3 comments:

Whit said...

I only know two of them. You've got Mail, and While you were Sleeping. Love the idea, and I have no idea what you are doing, but I want to.

Lesley said...

I love your project, there are so many good quotes! It gets me thinking and it gets me doing my own research!

Lesley said...

Ok, it finally dawned on me for the movies... I was not going to try because I tried a few with you already, but here goes:
1. The Holiday
2. Some Kind of Wonderful
3. While You Were Sleeping
4. You've Got Mail
5. Pride and Prejudice