I must say that I'm glad it is the holidays and that I haven't had to travel to work the last couple of days!! We have had one of the worst winter storms (in a while at least) over the past several days. I procrastinated once again and I, of course, haven't had my studded tires put on my car yet. This means 'slip sliding away' for me. But I'm not too concerned about my driving abilities, my parents taught me well when it comes to driving. I'm really concerned about everyone else on the road. Let me mention a few tips for driving in the snow:
- Having a 4X4 doesn't mean you're going to stop on a dime in the snow.
- Having a 4X4 doesn't mean you should drive normal speeds on snow-packed or icy roads.
- Don't brake when you can downshift.
- Avoid steep hills.
- Lightly push your gas pedal, unless you want your tires to spin.
- Don't tailgate, give people plenty of room.
- Be patient, you're not going to get anywhere quickly!
No comments:
Post a Comment