
Tonight I was cultured...meaning I went to a play. My high school Alma mater was doing Beauty & the Beast. My mom is in Young Women's and she had a couple of girls in the play - one was in the orchestra and one played the wardrobe chest. She wanted to support her young women and I wanted to support my mom, so we went together. Plus, Beauty & the Beast is my favorite animated Disney movie, so my mom didn't really have to talk me into going! It was pretty good, as far as a high school musical goes. I think anyone who tried out for the play got a part. I counted and there were over 60 kids in the play! I think the kid that played the Beast had the best voice of the whole cast. The girls that played Belle and Mrs. Potts also had nice voices. The set was pretty lavish for a high school musical, though I haven't been to many so I don't have a lot to compare it with. I guess nothing beats or even comes close to seeing Beauty & the Beast on Broadway with Donny Osmond as Gaston - he kind of stole the show!
With how much I love dancing and love singing, you would have thought that I would have gotten involved in drama when I was younger! For those that know me, I am quite animated with facial expressions and hand gestures when I talk and I often have people ask me if I took drama in school. Unfortunately I didn't and probably should have tried it out. Although I do not have a good singing voice, and I probably wouldn't have landed anything but a chorus or ensemble part, it would have been fun to try. Plus, back then I was too shy to perform in front of people. Well, now that I've said that, I did perform in front of people my sophomore and junior year being on the pep squad and drill team. So I guess the shy statement wouldn't hold any water if someone really wanted to challenge me. I guess all I needed and had time for in school was dance and I never thought about going out for drama.
Now after all this talk, I want to be cultured some more. I need to go to New York and see more Broadway!!
2 comments:
Didn't we go see Beauty and the Beast together up at the Capitol Theater or, no, it was Pioneer Theater maybe? Either way, I'm pretty sure I saw it with you and your mama. Fun times!
We saw it at Capitol Theater. It was fun times!
Post a Comment