Monday, April 21, 2008

Primary Children Can Be Sweet...

I currently teach the CTR 7 class in Primary, they are six going on seven. In my class I have quite a few active children and luckily I have a team teacher that I sometimes like to call "My bouncer." She's crowd control when I'm teaching and I am crowd control when she is teaching. It works out quite nicely!

On Sunday one of my girls came up and gave me a note. This is what it said:

P.S. I like you
Dear sister ******** (heart), you are a great great teacher to me (heart). I want you to be my teacher for ever (heart) and I hope you can and also I gave you a treat in a baggy (heart). (heart, heart, heart) Halen


I think the hearts are her form of punctuation and the "treat in a baggy" was a couple of cookies that were a little smashed (I'm sure from her carrying them around during the rest of church!!). I thought it was very sweet of her to let me know she likes me. Although, her mom is the Primary President...so maybe she was forced to write me a note!!

Sometimes I don't think they are even listening to us, but they amaze me every week with how much they remember from the previous lesson. They do listen even though they show no outward appearance of it!!