Friday, March 2, 2012

Moved by Music

Many years ago, while on my mission, I was introduced to the songs of a very popular musical. We were allowed to listen to music that we would be comfortable listening to in front of our mission president. There were a few songs that we didn't listen to for obvious reasons. I fell in love with the music long before I knew what the story was even about.

Tonight I just watched the 25th Anniversary Concert of Les Miserables. What a powerful and moving story about love, passion, heartache, serving, forgiveness and redemption. This may sound corny, but the music of Les Miserables reaches to my very core. Two words - goosebumps and tears.

I would recommend anyone who loves Les Miserables to watch the 25th Anniversary Concert (the 10th Anniversary Concert is also really good). Both concerts have nice surprises at the end that make them even more spectacular and special.

No comments: