I have just returned from a "girl's trip" with my mom. We pick a place every year and we go on a little girl's trip, this year it was Denver. This trip was a lot less hectic and a lot more relaxing than some of our girl's trips in the past. I even took supplies to make convention swaps and got almost all of them done! I've never done that before on vacation!!
Some of the things we did were:
1) Shop. We hit three malls and one outlet mall while there. We went to the Cherry Creek Mall which was about five minutes from our hotel. We also went to the Park Meadows Mall and the 16th Street Mall. But like most cities, a mall is a mall. The outlet mall was in Castle Rock about 20-30 minutes outside of Denver. It is probably one of the biggest and nicest outlet malls that I have been too. Unfortunately it was a waste of time, because neither of us found anything. They did have a Lane Bryant outlet, which I have never seen before. Not to bore you, but these are the items I bought: a new red Fossil purse, a couple of mugs, a couple of books, a pair of pajama bottoms, a couple of containers, a couple of gifts. Nothing real exciting.
2) Eat. We usually ate one big meal a day and one little one. We usually were so full from the one big meal that we really weren't hungry for the rest of the day. Some of the places we ate were: Cheesecake Factory, Corner Bakery Cafe, On the Border and the Kona Grill. Much to our disappointment, we found out too late that there was a Grand Lux at the Park Meadows Mall. The Grand Lux is affiliated with the Cheesecake Factory and we really like both places!
3) Sight See. We did see some sights while in Denver. We went to the Molly Brown Museum, the home of Margaret Tubin also know as the Unsinkable Molly Brown. Interesting point I learned, she never went by Molly while she was alive; she went by Maggie. When the musical was made the composer didn't like the sounds of Margaret or Maggie, so he called her character Molly and that's how she's know today. We also went to the US Mint. Very interesting! The US Mint made enough money last year that they gave 3/4 of a BILLION dollars to the government to help the nation's deficit. I want some of that 3/4 of a billion dollars!! One thing we did is the Venice on the Creek tour and I would not in a million years waste your time or money!! We rode in a punt (similar to a gondola) and went through a couple of locks. We thought we would get the history of Denver, but got what a couple of buildings use to be. Just don't do it!!
4) Movies. We did see two movies while in Denver. We saw "Journey to the Center of the Earth" and "Get Smart." Both are cute movies and I'd recommend seeing both of them. Today, "Penelope" and "Step Up 2" came out on DVD. I had mom stop at a Wal-mart so I could buy both of these movies and not worry about getting them later when we got home. Crazy, I know!
In a nutshell, that was my Denver girl's trip.
3 comments:
that sounds fun. We finally watched "pig face" (as the kids call it) super cute.
Now isn't that a good kiss?!
I am glad that you finally blogged!
What a fun trip!
And, yes that is a great kiss! Our cute man James McAvoy!!
And Penelope has a great message, blah blah blah
Post a Comment